Radiator and Cooling System
- Your vehicle’s performance also depends on your cooling system. An engine would become extremely hot and even begin to melt.
- Cooling Fan: A cooling fan releases the engine heat into the surrounding while it circulates air through the radiator. If there is any malfunction, your engine can quickly overheat.
- Pressure Cap: A pressure cap, also called the Radiator cap should be inspected at least once a year.
- Antifreeze has anti-freeze, anti-boil and anti-corrosive properties, which flows through your radiator and engine keeping everything working at the right temperature.
- Coolant Reservoir: Indicates the level of coolant in the system.
- Thermostat: This is a valve that regulates the flow of coolant based on coolant temperature. A poorly performing thermostat can result in overheating, engine knocking plus poor fuel economy .